MJK Investing, a real estate
solutions firm in the secondary mortgage market, specializes in
non-performing residential mortgages which we acquire in pools from
sellers, both big and small. We then manage them individually, with the
goal of ultimately selling the rehabilitated mortgages in either
portfolios or as individual assets.
What We Buy
We invest in portfolios from $1
million to $50 million, typically buying pools of aggregated multiple
mortgages from an extensive network of sellers – Investment Banks,
Commercial Banks, Hard Money Lenders, Regional Banks, Community Banks,
Warehouse Facility Providers, and Individual Investors.
We will accept bids from qualified brokers, as well, and are always
interested in working with new clients. In addition to our long-standing
seller relationships – who ensure a strong, consistent pipeline of
potential investments – we have access to substantial capital. We also
have a proven, sophisticated system to conduct a meticulous analysis of
each portfolio, as well as a fast, sound method to provide speedy
closings. We primarily invest in:
- Non Performing Residential Mortgages – 30 Days Or More
- Delinquent Geographically Diverse Assets
- Portfolios Of Up To $50 Million At A Time.
MJK Investing’s process, which
customarily takes about 15 to 20 days from the first time a pool becomes
available to us, is the following:
- The Seller Emails The Spreadsheet Below To Us For Preliminary Review.
- We Assign A Senior Underwriter To Review The Portfolio
- We Respond Within 3 Business Days, Whether We Are Interested Or Not.
- If We Are Interested, Then
The Seller Transfers A Complete Set Of Files To Our Office Where Our
Due Diligence Process Begins.
- Within 5 to 7 Business Days,
After Having Reviewed The Files Thoroughly, We Will Get Back To The
To Identify Any Missing Items And Prepare To Issue Final Numbers
On The Pool Of Product.
- The Price Is Agreed Upon.
- We Send The Seller A Standard Contract For Review And Signing.
- We Coordinate With A Servicing Company.
- The Pre-Closing Phase Is Completed And The Seller Sends Us Their Wire Transfer Information.
- The Closing (Post Closing Involves Transfer Of All Original Paperwork).
Once MJK Investing has acquired a pool
of non-performing mortgages from the lender, it is our objective to
work with the borrowers to make their mortgages current. We begin to
renegotiate the terms of their mortgages to help return the loan to
performing status, using careful, strategic planning that combines
reliable techniques of servicing and seasoning. In some cases,
foreclosure is determined to be the correct step to take, but our
primary goal is to give the borrowers a chance to remain in their homes.
Contact Us Now